We offer a wide selection of books, magazines, audio books, music CDs, and movies for teens. Our teen section is divided into two areas: High School and Teen. This will help your teen pick a book that may be appropriate to their reading level and grade level. We get new items in frequently so check back in with us often. If we don't own something, there is a good chance that we can get it for you from another library.
Bacon Library Youth Department also offers a variety of programs throughout the year.
• We have a Lego Club for kids and families that meet the second Wednesday of the month at 6pm.
• Drop in chess for patrons of all ages is held each Thursday at 7pm. All skill levels are welcome to attend.
• TnT (Teen's and Twentysomething's) Book Club meets once a month to discuss YA Fiction books. Check out calendar for next month's book and pick up your copy at the Circulation Desk today!
• In March, we have our annual Lego contest for kids of all ages! Check our calendar for dates.
• Summer Reading runs from June-August. The program typically begins the week after Wyandotte schools get out of school and runs through the first week of August. Teens read throughout the summer and are rewarded with small prizes and they get to attend our annual Teen Lock-in! We also offer drop-in teen craft programs through the summer.
• We also offer other special programs for teens through the year. Check our calendar to see what we our offering each month.